Tuesday, August 16, 2022

SICKNESS "Wax Casting" review

 

Huge thanks to Vital Weekly for the lovely review of the SICKNESS lathe. The combination of the writer's personal memory of a SICKNESS show and an appreciation for Chris’s work really shone through.   

The full review can be read here, but perhaps my favorite excerpt, a recollection of a SICKNESS show from 2009 is as follows:

 

It was all a bit blurry to me, partially due to the fact that is was November and outside and cold. I remember cold. But I also remember the impact that SICKNESS had on me that evening. So much power, so chaotic and yet so much control in the consistency of his sounds. Chris Goudreau was a name I dove into after that weekend had the music of him I discovered since then hasn't let me down so far. Not once.

 
(And while the lathe is indeed sold out, don’t let that stop you from exploring Chris’s back catalogue [and other endeavors!] to either fill in gaps or get on the path).

 

1 comment:

  1. Blake, you made me blush ... <3 ... And I'm very happy my premonition of it selling out in literally no time at all became reality. Worth it!

    ReplyDelete