Tuesday, December 31, 2019

vertonen: piano miniatures (cobalt studies I-V)



Vertonen: Piano Miniatures (Cobalt Studies I-V) 5 x business card CDR, edition of 20

I’ve been releasing audio as Vertonen since 1991, and this release is, as far as I can assess, a bit of an aural anomaly, which is kind of exciting.

I had done two recordings on the piano at my folks’ house and decided to cut up and reassemble the recordings in a manner that, perhaps obvious to many, pays homage to the utterly brilliant Conlon Nancarrow.

Each copy comes with a unique collage, and the artwork on the business card sleeves was created with the 88 keys on the piano in mind. The release is housed in a clear plastic playing card case.

price is $20 ppd in the US; overseas orders, please get in touch so I can calculate shipping based on your location.

No comments:

Post a Comment